Sunday, November 12, 2006

'GO!'

Sunday 12th November

‘You passed preliminary in Burrito Eating contest. Please attend the final.’ – was the text I got at about 3pm on Saturday. Preliminary round ended on Thursday 9th, so I thought that all of the finalists would have been told and I wasn’t invited. But I got the text and went to the final today. It was a giggle actually. A whole crew was out there rooting for me, I definitely had the most support! Thanks guys!

After my preliminary jumbo burrito in 1minute 52 seconds, I was well placed at third. There were 8 of us there eating, two of the contenders failed to show. Mr. Choi explained the rules; two heats, 4 in each, one medium burrito, go when he says, and shout ‘Choi’s Tacos’ when you’re done. I was in the first heat. Stting next to the first seed, I just wanted to watch in awe, his preliminary burrito was 1 minute and 6 seconds! When I saw that I thought I was a little out of my league.

So he said ‘go’ and I tucked into it, I was eating quick, but the guy took it in 3 bites! I came third in my heat so I wasn’t in the final. I took 5th in the end and have a certificate for it. I also got a free jumbo burrito token. The finalists had to go on to eat a jumbo burrito and when I watched them I was a little happy that I wasn’t one of them. It was pretty savage.


I don't have any pictures of the competition myself but i will get some from Ryan for y'all. In the mean time here are some seasonal pictures. They were taken in and around Incheon Grand Park.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

David,

Some great pictures, it reminds me of the time we were there (only 3 weeks ago)- it's obviously a little cooler now, as shown by the clothes being worn and the leaves look just fantastic.

More pics please.

Take care and keep having fun.........

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

div class="modmyprofileDOTcom">You have been marked on my profile map!
You have been marked on my profile map!