Sunday, April 02, 2006

weekend rules!

Weekend rules....

cook at least once

do some kind of physical excersize

dont drink soju (i am thinking that is a rule forever!)

I think those are a good start to a list of worthy rules.

friday night was good, we were all going to go to Goose Goose, but it got a bit late and we just chilled at the apartment for the night. The morning was horrilbe tho! Not only raining but my body was having an adverse reaction to the national drink of Korea... SOJU. Its a bit like cheap vodka, and should not be drunk with beer. I failed to get dressed on saturday until about 9pm, there are so many films on in the day!

Sunday was much better, after a cloudy start which helped my write my report cards and Notting Hill on TV (which didnt help the report cards) I went to a basket ball court and got beat two on two. Mark, Brims , Soobi and myself. then went went to another court with Brian and played 5 on 5 with some Koreans. Having Brian helped just a bit! But my ankle is not happy today. I think I calmed the rage by going to a 24 hr sauna opposite my apartment. Now this was an interesting place! you go in and get a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Girls and boys seperate for the bathing section where everyone is nude. I heard stories later from the girls of what its like in the ladies section and it didnt sound too pretty!!! Ajumas (not so young ladies) squating down and scrubbing eachother... Three baths: warm, hot and mineral. Oh and a cold one for the steam room, which is in the single sex area. Then you go to the sauna area where you meet up with the ladies. we got a beer each and headed for the niceest looking room. It was hot, unsurprisingly, and rather sweaty! but it was a really nice room with marble floor with wicker mats and a stone patterned ceiling. next we went into the cool room, which was made up to look like a log cabin inside, very pleasant after the heat. Then there is a very warm room, not as hot as the first which is also loggy. There were a whole bunch of people chilling in there and sleeping in hall way, which was big and comfortable.

And down the road there is a new 'meat on a stick' place! the Koreans love meat on a stick, and its good! The fried chicken here is really good and in places doesnt have any oil, or cholesterol!!! MY ARSE!!! Beer Cabin, where I had chicken on saturday had a poster up saying that in Korean... what lies!!!

So.. I had a good weekend, hope you did, take it easy all and lots love!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

div class="modmyprofileDOTcom">You have been marked on my profile map!
You have been marked on my profile map!