Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Long weekend... today feels like a Monday

I wondered today while lying in bed during my lunch break why I was so tired. I came to the conclusion that it was the lack of sleep over the weekend.

On Friday night I played some poker with the guys in my room, which went on for quite some time! Then after three hours of sleep we set off for Deachon… Mud Festival!! Mud Fest was a day long party, punctuated by getting muddy, tripping over peoples shoes in the sea and beer runs! I had an absolute whale of a time. We got to the hotel (which was really quite nice) some time at about midday, that’s when I met the G.I’s. Kelly and Doc, good chaps, but not too clever at getting charcoal briquettes to light in their BBQ! I gave them a hand. The rest of the day was spent trying to find the group of people in the masses that were on the beach. It really was foreigners central, I think about 70% of all foreigners in Korea were at Mud fest! Well, it seemed that way.

So the mud… they brought it in from up the road, the beach it self was a normal beach, nice and sandy. They had a mud slide, a mud cage, mud wrestling, mud this and mud that! No small wonder why it’s called Mud Fest. I spent most of the day with the people who I arrived with. But after the awesome fireworks display I was a little groggy and tired from the day and the night before, so I headed back to the hotel. Luckily enough I bumped into Doc and he told me where the other guys were partying! GS Party! GS25 is a 24hr corner store with seats outside, often a hotspot for parties (I’ll take a picture of the one in Mansu-6-Dong so you know what I mean!). At about 4 in the morning we went back to the hotel where we all were staying and had a BBQ, the briquettes were still going!!! Those G.I’s knew what they are doing, they drove down with a van of imported beer and food, and I was welcome to as much of it as I fancied! So I finished up partying at about 6am.

We left at about 3 the next day to stand on a train for 3 hours of pain! Lucky I had ‘Jay and Silent Bob’ to take my mind off the 2hr call of nature!

Yesturday just chilled and thought about how good it was not to be in school on a Monday. Saw Layer Cake, which is quite good and cooked up a chili!

Oooooooh it makes me hungry thinking that I have to wait for another 2 hours b4 I can eat it! Must remember to get a new chopping board and Tupperware on the way home…

Take it easy

dx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

div class="modmyprofileDOTcom">You have been marked on my profile map!
You have been marked on my profile map!