Sunday, July 08, 2007

Recently I went to the station and there was a photo of a boy on one of the pillars supporting the shelter. The next day there were flowers. The boy had died. I over heard that morning that he fell on the tracks, I heard the next day that he was playing on the tracks.

His friends had brought flowers to the station over night, which I thought was nice, but they had also brought with them spray paint and vandalised the station with message of grief and loss. I thought this was a bit bad, cos it really isn’t there property. I saw that in the morning, and when I came back in the evening the flowers were there but the station had been painted. The next morning it was twice as bad. They had come back to undo the work the painters did the day before, must be a bit of a pain really!

All of the vandalism and stories I heard kept chipping away at me feeling sorry for the kids, to be honest, you shouldn’t play on the tracks, aren’t we all taught this? But what really angered me was the fact that the messages had lots of spelling and grammatical mistakes. My spelling and punctuation is bad, and I know! But what I saw made me sick!

The spelling mistake that got me was the spelling of ‘you’, oh dear, I felt sorry and sad when I saw ‘yoe’. And the cards and graffiti had mistakes like ‘here’ instead of ‘hear’ and ‘their’ instead of ‘there’. And these kids must have been 14-16.

Over hearing people saying that the kids deserved it for messing around on the track and seeing these errors made me angry and not sad. Maybe he did deserve it? Maybe it was bound to happen to one of him and his friend and it was just (un)luck of the draw that it was him.

Moral: if you cant spell, don’t play on the tracks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

div class="modmyprofileDOTcom">You have been marked on my profile map!
You have been marked on my profile map!